- Director of Trademark Department
- Trademark and Design Attorney
- Member of management committee
Qualifications / Education
European Trademark and Design Attorney
Luxembourg IP Attorney (Conseil en Propriété Industrielle)
Ass. Jur., University of Trier, Germany.
Spezialisation in German IP law (Fachanwaltslehrgang Gewerblicher Rechtschutz)
After obtaining a University degree in law at the University of Trier, Germany, including a supplemental degree in Portuguese and Italian civil and administrative law, Marie joined the firm in June 2003 and worked in the trademark and design department. Between 2004 and 2006, she completed a two-year practical legal training at the regional court of Bitburg, Germany, at the Academy of European Law in Trier and with different lawyers in Trier and in Porto, Portugal and obtained her second state exam in 2006, enabling her to practice as a lawyer in Germany. Marie then re-joined the firm’s trademark and design department.
In 2009 Marie completed an additional degree for German lawyers in the field of Intellectual Property Law (Fachanwaltslehrgang Gewerblicher Rechtschutz), including a specialisation in competition law, patent and trademark and design law.
Marie is admitted to practice before the Benelux Trademark and Registered Design Office (OBPI), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the WIPO.
Since 2013, Marie-Christine is also registered as Luxembourg IP attorney.
Marie has been leading our Trademark Department since 2019. In August 2022 she was promoted Director of Trademark Department and has become a member of our Management committee.
- Trademark and design applications
- Domain name applications
- Contracting in the fields of trademark and designs
- IP Litigation
- IP audits
- IP trainings
- Trademark issues (availability search, preparation, filing and prosecution of application at the EUIPO in Benelux, Germany, France and in other countries, drafting of cease and desist letters, legal assistance during trials, opposition and cancellation proceedings at the EUIPO, in Benelux, Germany, Austria, France, UK monitoring of registration.)
- Design issues (preparation, filing and prosecution of application at the EUIPO, in Benelux, Germany, France and in other countries, drafting of cease and desist letters, legal assistance during trials, cancellation proceedings at the EUIPO and in other countries.)
- Portfolio management, including IP audits, setting up IP protection strategies
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts in relation to Intellectual Property
- Issues concerning domain names (reservation, drafting of cease and desist letters, litigation)
GRUR (German association for Intellectual Property and Copyright law)
BMM (Benelux association for trademark and designs)
LILLA (Ladies in Law in Luxembourg)